JUDGE JOEL CLOUSER
FAIR - EXPERIENCE - COMPASSION - LEADERSHIP
On January 1, 1993, Judge Clouser was sworn in as Justice of the Peace for Fort Bend County Texas, Precinct Two. He and his wife Gloria have been residents of the Missouri City, Fort Bend Community since 1980, where he has raised their children and been actively involved in civic and community affairs.
Judge Clouser has served on the board of directors of the Fort Bend YMCA and World Youth Foundation and served on the Fort Bend Independent School District's Safe and Drug Free Schools Advisory Board. He has also served on the Fort Bend County Bail Bond Board; the Clear Creek Watershed Flood Control District Board; as Voter Precinct Chairman; as President of the Chasewood Civic Club; and as President of the Missouri City N.A.A.C.P. and as Chaplain of the Tideland's Chapter of the A. Philip Randolph Institute.
Time for a new generation of leaders to step up!
THURSDAY | SEPT 14, 2017
TENANTS RIGHTS WORKSHOP
Judge Joel Clouser explains the rights of tenants, their obligations to the property they occupy, relationship to the Landlord; the importance of reading and understanding their lease and how evictions work in this fact-filled presentation at the Fort Bend County East End Annex in Missouri City Texas.
THURSDAY | SEPT 28, 2017
LANDLORDS RIGHTS WORKSHOP
Ft. Bend County Texas Judge Joel Clouser educates Houston, Missouri City, Katy and SugarLand area Landlords on their rights and obligations to Tenants, how to legally orchestrate evictions and other legal hurtles in this fact-filled post-hurricane Harvey workshop at the Fort Bend County East End Annex in Missouri City Texas..
Before becoming a Justice of the Peace, Judge Clouser served 10 years as a community activist...
"I come from a proud family that has been involved in public service for as long as I can remember. I want to work for you. We need to create more living wage jobs, improve our schools, and make public safety, gun control in particular, a top priority. With nearly a decade of government experience, I know what it takes to find solutions, navigate complicated governmental agencies, and get things done."
- Past Member, Board of Directors Fort Bend Y.M.C.A.
- Past Member, Board of Directors, World Youth Foundation
- Past Member, Safe & Drug-Free School Advisory Board, Fort Bend Independent School District
- Past Chaplain, A. Phillip Randolph Institute Tidelands Chapter
- Past President, Missouri City & Vicinity Branch N.A.A.C.P
- Past President, Chasewood Civic Club
- Former Chair, Voter Precinct 2051
- Life Member, N.A.A.C.P.
- Member, Texas state Teen Court Association
- Member, Advisory Board, Holocaust Museum Houston
- Developed an award winning Precinct 2 Teen Court that was applauded and endorsed by school administrators for assisting in reducing truancy in community schools.
- Regular speaker at community schools, lecturing on anti-violence, the court system and avoiding peer pressure and criminal behavior.
- Uses innovative alternative sentencing programs that include family counseling, drug counseling and gives top priority to mental health emergency apprehension and detention requests.
- 22 years of experience and service to the community as Justice of the Peace
- Over 700 classroom hours accreditiation, Justice Court Training, Texas State University
- BBA, Finance, TSU